This blog is mainly about Java...

Friday, December 12, 2008

Devoxx 2008 conference comes to an end


I have just attended Devoxx (former JavaPolis) in Belgium Antwerpen, and I must say I am pretty amazed. It was not how I expected it to be.

Although it is much smaller than JavaOne, it is however bigger and better than JavaZone. The conference it self was on a big cinema stadium called Metropolis. It was huge, with 8 different rooms, and all the sessions where video recorded and will be available online on Parleys
early next year.

The conference was very much focused on JavaFX since the 1.0 release came out 4th of December 2008.
I attended many different sessions such as JavaFX, WebBeans, Hibernate tuning, Dojo and DWR and how to hack and secure Java web applications, plus a few others.
I will most certainly try to attend next year again, depending on my schedule. However next time, I will try to live a little closer to the event, and not 10 minute drive or an hour walk.

No comments:

Labels