This blog is mainly about Java...

Friday, July 4, 2008

How to change the language of your Firefox

I have installed ubuntu on a HP Compaq 6910p for my mom. She is not so fluent in english, so she wanted everything in Norwegian. I thought first that it would be easy to install firefox in norwegian. Boy was I wrong. Yes, I can easily download firefox in the language I wanted, but I wanted to modify the already existing mozilla firefox that was in Ubuntu Hardy Heron. This because all the plugins and whatnot was already installed for me.

Anyways, about two days worth of Googling, and I found a way.
What you need to do is go to this page:

http://releases.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/releases/
Then you want to find your version of firefox, choose xpi, and then the language you want for firefox, and voilla! Enjoy...

No comments:

Labels